Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tony Daniel Returns to Gotham City

Last Wednesday, DC announced that Tony Daniel will return to his role as writer/artist for the Batman book after Batman 703.



Tony: “I’m excited to be back writing (and drawing) again. I’ll be hitting the ground running this next story arc. There are a few mysteries I want to keep secret, but I can say that I-Ching guest stars during my first arc back and Batman will need the blind mystic’s help to overcome the ancient evil that’s now taking root into Gotham’s Chinatown. Lots of swords, poison arrows, mysteries, puzzles, codes, a secret order, judo chops, punches, uppercuts, roundhouse kicks, horses, parades and fireworks, and well, it goes on.”

Now, let’s hear more of Tony’s plans and visions for the character as he once again stepped into Gotham City.

Tony: My next arc will flesh out [my] Batman. He'll really be putting his detective skills to the test this time as he goes up against a new evil that has planted itself into Gotham City. Though I will have him less reliant on his “Network” this time around, he will still have interactions with the likes of Selina Kyle and her new protégé, Kitrina (AKA Catgirl).

The backdrop to this first arc will be Gotham's seedy Chinatown neighborhood, where some new villains have cropped up in search of something hidden somewhere inside Gotham. Think Dan Brown meets Tony Jaa – big set-piece action sequences balanced out by a mystery that [our hero] has to solve piece by piece. So, new characters, appearances by older ones, detective work, martial arts, a new love interest, ancient relics and I-Ching. It's really, in my mind, a traditional Batman story.

threats or threads he'll be picking up from his last run

We may see what finally happened to the Reaper and we'll get to see what's going on with Kitrina as Catgirl. But the crux of the story will be dealing with something new. As for future arcs, there are always ideas spinning in my head.







Source(s): CBR, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment