Friday, August 13, 2010

Dustin Nguyen leaves Batman for Batgirl

Yup! You heard the title right. DC announced that Dustin Nguyen, artist of Batman: Streets of Gotham will leave the said title to be the regular artist for Batgirl starting this November with its 15th issue. The move pairs him with series writer Bryan Q. Miller.

Dustin:

“This is definitely going to be an exciting venture for me, besides the outline Bryan has for us, I’m just plain excited to be drawing Batgirl,” Nguyen said. “This latest incarnation of her has lots of the aesthetics of the original Babs that I love and some new ones. It’ll take me some getting used to drawing a female in horns, but I’m looking forward to putting away the “mean and moody” for a while and kick in the ‘fun and sexy.’”


Below is Dustin's first Batgirl cover.



What's the reason behind the move? That we don't know. Now, the question is: Who will take over the art duty for Streets of Gotham? I looked at DC's website and saw that the last featured issue for Streets of Gotham is #16 which is on sale on September, but it also says there that Dustin is still the artist on this issue, which contradicts this announcement if he'll move as the regular artist for Batgirl this November. Anyways, I hope whoever replaced Dustin in Streets of Gotham is as good as him.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment