Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jock Is The New Artist of Detective Comics

It’s been almost a month since DC unveiled the new writer of DETECTIVE COMICS and it’s no other than AMERICAN VAMPIRE writer Scott Snyder. Monday, 9th of August 2010. DC announced the artist that will be paired with Snyder on the book, and it’s Jock.

Jock contributes several covers and layouts for Batman books, so he should be no stranger to Batman fans in particular, and comic fans in general.



What does this mean for Detective Comics readers? Well, in addition to a hard-hitting, noir story from Snyder, fans will be getting a gritty, dynamic and edgy visual representation every months.

















Let’s hear it from the writer and the artist themselves.

Scott:

“I could not be more excited about working with Jock. Over the last couple months, I’ve spoken to some artists whose work I love, but Jock was always my top choice for this run on Detective Comics. I’ve been a huge fan of his work for a long time. His style is bold and dynamic - perfect for the kind of big, twisted Batman story we’re going to tell together and with David Baron on colors, I can’t wait for November! And please, let us know what you think, DC Nation!”

Jock:

“Scott and I got the chance to talk a number of times over Comic-Con weekend in San Diego and his original and striking hook for the story took me completely by surprise...I couldn’t believe it hadn’t been done before and I was instantly hooked…I’m thrilled to be working with him on this and along with David Baron on colors can’t wait to get this story out there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment