Friday, July 16, 2010

A New Team Will Takeover Batman and Robin

I got some good news and bad news for you guys. The bad news is writer Grant Morrison will write Batman and Robin no more. Sad, right? Wait. The good news is another creative team will takeover the title.

Writer Peter Tomasi and artist Patrick Gleason will be reuniting as the regular team for Batman and Robin, starting in November. They are the team behind Green Lantern Corps.


Peter Tomasi is best known for his writing ability on some Batman-related books such as Nightwing,The Outsiders, and Blackest Night: Batman.



While Patrick Gleason is known for his brilliant covers on Robin.

What do these guys have in store for the dynamic duo? Let's hear it from them.

Peter:

“I’m incredibly excited to be working on BATMAN AND ROBIN! I mean who the hell wouldn’t be?!? I’ve enjoyed my few forays into the Bat Universe with NIGHTWING, BATMAN: BLACKEST NIGHT, and BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS, and was always hoping I’d get a chance to tackle a main Bat book, so to be able to take the monthly reins from Grant on such a tremendous book is a dream come true and it’s going to be a blast, especially when my partner in crime is artist Patrick Gleason, who I’ve had a great working relationship over in GREEN LANTERN CORPS!”

Patrick:

“I can’t wait to get started! Drawing Batman, Robin and Gotham city is something I’ve dreamt of sinking my teeth into for a very long time! Recently I’ve even had to start carrying around a sketchbook wherever I go because I constantly get these ideas of cool images, or random details that I want to use somewhere in the book.

I am incredibly grateful to DC for the opportunity to be added to the list of fine talent who have laid pen and pencil to the Dark Knight. Also I’m very happy to continue working with Peter Tomasi. With him at the helm you just know we’re in good hands and Batman and Robin will continue to be a great ride!”

Oh! Did i forgot to mentioned that Peter Tomasi was a former Batman editor?

No comments:

Post a Comment