Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scott Snyder To Write Detective Comics

Scott Snyder, now an exclusive to DC Comics and writer of the successful Vertigo title American Vampire, is going to be the new writer for Detective Comics.

Scott:

“I’ve read Batman religiously since the 80’s, and there are many stories dear to my heart - from Year One to the Cult to No Man’s Land to Hush and The Long Halloween - but I’ve been particularly amazed by what the Batman team in general, and Grant specifically, has done with the character over the last few years. I couldn’t be more thrilled or honored to be working on Detective right now … this is honestly my dream job. As for the series, I want to play things pretty close to the vest for now, but I can tell you that it’ll star Batman, and will focus heavily on his CSI work and hardcore mysteries set around Gotham. The back-up will center on Commissioner Gordon and involve a certain case - and a dark figure - from his past that comes back to haunt him in present day Gotham. The feature and back-up will be stand-alone, but will affect and inform each other. Again, huge thanks to Mike Marts and everyone in the great Bat-family for making a place for me in Gotham - I’ll work hard to earn my keep. And please, DC Nation, let me know what you think, too!”

Now we learned that he too is a Batman fan. What? still not convinced? Well, see the image below for further proof that Scott IS a Batman fan.



Man! This is going to be fun! Can't wait for his take.

No comments:

Post a Comment